Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Family

Though I've always been a very family-person, I now realize what the Godfather meant when he waxed eloquent on how important family really is. Family is a set of people that loves you, unconditionally. They don't ask questions, they don't judge. They just love you, all the time. And you can be truly fucked up (I think this is the first time I've used the f-word on my blog- violation of my erstwhile pristine space, but for want of a better phrase..!), you can screw up a lot, you can be totally pathetic (in your eyes and the world's), but they're always there. And they help in whatever big and small ways they can. At least, mine does. And I guess that's why they mean as much as they do to me.

I bank on my family for every ounce of support I draw, for my successes and numerous failures. I look to them for approval, understanding and acceptance. And I cannot be more grateful for anything else that I have been given than the set of people that comprises my family. Seriously, thanks, God!

0 comments: